From Martin_Gil...@Mitel.COM
Subject postgresql referential integrity - use START TRANSACTION/COMMIT during portlet init.
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 18:29:02 GMT

Hi.

I have noticed that the SQL commands issued by jetspeed 2.0 during
deployment of a new portlet to update these tables:

1) WEB_APPLICATION
2) LOCALIZED_DESCRIPTION (41)
3) PORTLET_APPLICATION
4) PORTLET_DEFINITION
5) SECURITY_PERMISSION
6) LANGUAGE
7) PORTLET_CONTENT_TYPE
8) PARAMETER
9) LOCALIZED_DESCRIPTION (42)
10) SECURITY_PERMISSION
11) PRINCIPAL_PERMISSION

... do not have START TRANSACTION at the beginning and COMMIT at the end.

If tomcat is restarted during these updates, referential integrity is lost
between these tables.

The next time jetspeed looks in the tables it finds an entry in
WEB_APPLICATION and does not re-deploy.

I have been through the release notes and mailing lists to find out if this
has been addressed in 2.1, but I haven't found anything.

Does anyone know if it has been done?  (I know tomcat being interrupted
during this phase is unusual).

Thanks,
Martin.