From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject xbean spring experiments
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:09:40 GMT
A while back I suggested that using xbean-spring to generate a schema
for the spring config files might make jetspeed configuration
simpler, and IIRC I got some favorable feedback for this idea.  I had
a bit of spare time recently and set up a bit of build structure for
this and added the javadoc "annotations" for a few components and
converted the administation and security-* spring config files.
However I don't know how to tell if this breaks anything since it
doesn't seem that trunk produces a working portal at the moment.  I
may not have time to work on this continually for a bit so I thought
I'd show what I have so far, so I opened JS2-794.

I haven't been active for quite a while so don't want to barge in and
commit this without discussion review and approval.  I think that
committing everything except the modified spring config files should
be very low risk since the xbean context falls back to the behavior
of the spring context when presented with regular spring xml.  I'm
nervous about  committing the config file changes until we can tell
that they work, but with only these changes to apply maintaining a
patch wouldn't be difficult.

If anyone has time to take a look that would be great and if you are
all too busy getting 2.1.3 out that is fine too, perhaps I will have
time to get some more stuff converted soon.

many thanks
david jencks