From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: j2-admin - adding functionality
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 04:51:39 GMT

On Oct 23, 2007, at 5:17 PM, Mansour wrote:

> I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but
> since my question is related to modifying the j2-admin, I decided
> to ask here.
> I have a small scenario where an portlet entity is created, and
> access is to be specified for some users. The admin is the one who
> created this entity. For example, if I need to create a reporting
> service portlet and customize the source of data, I don't want all
> the users to view this data. However, I still want the users to be
> able to access this functionality, where the admin can create
> another entity of this portlet with different data source.
> Therefore I need the admin to be able to set security permissions
> for each portlet entity. Furthermore, the admin needs to be able to
> destroy the entity.

Im not really sure if I understand what you are trying to do
You have a portlet entity, but it is not placed on a page?

I think I security permission would be a good choice. Jetspeed
defines several permission classes for typical portal resources, see
the base class:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-commons/
apidocs/org/apache/jetspeed/security/PortalResourcePermission.html

and subclasses

     FolderPermission, FragmentPermission, PagePermission,
PortletPermission

A FragmentPermission is somewhat like an EntityPermission, although a
fragment is always on a page, where as an entity is not

> I looked into the docs and played with the jetspeed installation,
> but couldn't find what I need. I decided to start with the last
> requirement and see what I can add. Browsing the source, led me to
> a point where I can implement this requirement. In
>

> org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.entityeditor.PortletEntityBrowserPortlet
>          there's a methods called doCreate(). What I need is the
>          opposite of this method. I need doDelete(). I had to look
> into
>          an interface "PortletEntityAccessComponent" where it has
> three
>          methods that are not sufficiently documented. Now the
> jetspeed
>          API docs are missing some info that I really need. The three
>          methods are : removeFromCache, removePortletEntities, and
>          removePortletEntity.
>
> I need to know which one is the one I need to get this
> functionality (deleting a portlet entity from the data base and not
> only from the pages).
> do there three methods remove the entity from the DB or only from
> the page?

removeFromCache is non-persistent, the other two remove from the
persistent store