From "Weaver, Scott" <weav...@ugs.com>
Subject RE: Dojo 0.9 or Dojo 1.0
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:47:37 GMT
Well, 2.2 is going to be a fairly significant overhaul.  Here are some
of the things that we are bandying about:

- Move to JPA for persistence.
- Java 5 (generics, annotations, etc)
- Full Maven build (I think Ate has this pretty much complete)
- Refactor the layout/themeing system.
- Rewrite all admin portlets using Wicket
- Clean up the source, possibly moving certain pieces into sub-projects
- Refactor the portlet preferences; probably dropping the Java
preferences API (it has caused us more problems than it is worth)

These are just some of the things I have heard/read both in passing
emails and in talking to David.  This is far from a definitive list and
I am sure there are things that I am unaware of since I just jumped back
into the fold after a long hiatus from working on Jetspeed.

As you can see there is quite a bit that will be going into the next
release, so I would say that end of this month is not going to happen.

Regards,
-scott