From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: xbean spring experiments
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:38:34 GMT
Weaver, Scott wrote:
> I think the trunk has moved to 100% Maven 2.  That being said, I have no
> clue how to build it.
First time setup:
   mvn -P init test (everytime when maven and/or portal-resources sub projects are changed)
   mvn -P init-db test (everytime when you need to (re)initialize the test database)

Subsequently, you can build and test all components using:

   mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=false install

For portal deployment and j2-admin build setup have not yet been done.

> Since the trunk represents Jetspeed 2.2, which
> will be java 5 compliant, can we dump the javadoc annotations in favor
> of using true annotations instead?  Other than that, I am +1 on seeing
> how the xbean stuff pans out.

David,

I've just tried it out, applying your patch to the current trunk.
As our test cases, in particular those for jetspeed-security and jetspeed-portal, make use
of the spring assemblies, the xbean spring changes should be able to
be tested for those components, e.g running mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=false from within those
sub project folders.

It doesn't yet work though...

For one, I'm puzzled by the purpose of the new jetspeed-xbean-spring component (which fails
to build).
Secondly, all the tests in the jetspeed-security component project fail with the following
(or similar) error:

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 19 in XML document
from class path resource [security-atn.xml] is invalid; nested
exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "xmlns" must be declared for element
type "beans".
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Attribute "xmlns" must be declared for element type
"beans".
	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultDocumentLoader.loadDocument(DefaultDocumentLoader.java:76)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:351)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:303)
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:280)

Regards,

Ate