From "Boyce, Keith Garry" <KeithGarry.Bo...@bcbsma.com>
Subject RE: Moving Jetspeed to Java 1.5.
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:07:09 GMT

Now that's a good reason for 2.2

-----Original Message-----
From: Ate Douma [mailto:ate@douma.nu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 10:05 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Moving Jetspeed to Java 1.5.

Weaver, Scott wrote:
> Has any thought been given to this?
Yes :)

For the trunk (2.2-SNAPSHOT) we've already moved to 1.5.

> I am guessing if we are kicking
> around the idea of using JPA to replace OJB, it will be a requirement
> due to the use of annotations and generics.
The primary requirement of moving to 1.5 is JSR-286 Portlet API 2.0
support which we hope to bring into 2.2 (or shortly thereafter).

> My personal reason for
> asking (other than generics and annotations, both of which Iuse daily
> in other projects) is that I really like using EasyMock 2.3 for unit
> testing and it only works under Java 1.5+.  If we are definitely
> moving, is there a timeline?
 > Will the 2.1.3 branch be changed to 1.5?
No. For 2.1.x we will maintain 1.4 compliance.

Regards,

Ate

> Thanks,
>
> -scott

This message is a PRIVATE communication.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy
or use it and do not disclose it to others.  Please notify the
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message and then
delete from your system.  Thank you.