From "Boyce, Keith Garry" <KeithGarry.Bo...@bcbsma.com>
Subject RE: Moving Jetspeed to Java 1.5.
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 14:00:23 GMT

A lot of major companies are still on jdk 1.4. seems like those reasons
are fairly arbitrary considering.

-----Original Message-----
From: Weaver, Scott [mailto:weavers@ugs.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:56 AM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Moving Jetspeed to Java 1.5.

Has any thought been given to this?  I am guessing if we are kicking
around the idea of using JPA to replace OJB, it will be a requirement
due to the use of annotations and generics.  My personal reason for
asking (other than generics and annotations, both of which Iuse daily in
other projects) is that I really like using EasyMock 2.3 for unit
testing and it only works under Java 1.5+.  If we are definitely moving,
is there a timeline?  Will the 2.1.3 branch be changed to 1.5?

Thanks,

-scott

This message is a PRIVATE communication.
If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy
or use it and do not disclose it to others.  Please notify the
sender of the delivery error by replying to this message and then
delete from your system.  Thank you.