From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help using Struts with J2
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 14:01:15 GMT
Are you using the struts bridge?

There are a few required steps required to get a standard struts
application working as a portlet.

1. Use the PortletServlet as you action servlet
2. Replace the struts taglib def with the struts bridge taglibs
3. Configure bridges in you portlet.xml

    <init-param>
      <name>ServletContextProvider</name>
      <value>org.apache.jetspeed.portlet.ServletContextProviderImpl</value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <name>ViewPage</name>
      <value>/Beverage/Manage.do</value>
    </init-param>
    <portlet-name>CRUD Portlet</portlet-name>
    <display-name>CRUD Portlet</display-name>
    <portlet-class>org.apache.portals.bridges.struts.StrutsPortlet</portlet-class>

Philip

On 5/31/07, rajiv balchandani <rajivnt@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am using J2 and i am implementing with struts.
>
> I am facing problem in implementing struts with J2.
>
> My problem with that i don't get getAttribute("XXX")
> in my JSP page.. But while using <html:link
> action="/jsp/CompanyList" renderURL="true"
> ><bean:message
> key="CompanyForm.linkname"/></html:link>
>
> RenderURL=true i get all the attributes.
>
> Now when i using the submit() method , so i set
> focus="txt_search_companyname">
>
> But whn i do submit again i loose all the attributes.
> i don't understand whyt i get null for getAttribute
> after submitting the form.

I don't think getAttribute will ever work? You must use the portlet
api or the struts bridge tags to get attributes.

Use this guide: http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-sso.html

> Thanks

You welcome,

Philip

Philip Donaghy
Apache Portals (portals.apache.org) PMC member
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02
Mobile: +33 6 20 83 22 62