From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Bridges 1.0.2 and Jetspeed 2.1.1 release plan
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:08:50 GMT
Dear fellow committers and developers,

We are getting into the end game for releasing Bridges 1.0.2 and Jetspeed-2.1.1.

Although for Jetspeed-2.1.1 we still have a few improvements and fixes planned, we already
have fixed and improved a lot so far,
and we would appreciate your feedback on that *now* so we can flush out potential problems
before we start finishing up for the real release.

To make it easy for ourselves and all of you willing to help test the current status, I'm
going to create an SVN tag for an informal Bridges 1.0.2-beta1
and Jetspeed-2.1.1-beta1 release tonight.
 From that tag, I'll create binary artifacts as well as new Jetspeed-2 installers and make
them available for download from my people.apache.org/~ate site
as well as the maven dependencies from the maven-1 and maven-2 repositories at www.bluesunrise.com.
Note: this is *not* going to be an Apache endorsed release, so take that into account if you
download those artifacts.

Right now, we tentatively expect to be ready for the final release by the end of next week,
so please start testing and provide feedback ASAP!

I'll follow up on this mail when the beta1 tags are set and the artifacts are available for
download.

Also note: once I've created the beta1 tags, I'll revert the trunk versions back to our current
-dev build version.

With regards,

Ate