From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Castor upgrade for Jetspeed-2
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 17:00:32 GMT

On May 16, 2007, at 12:42 AM, Dennis Dam wrote:

> Sorry, I'm not a Castor export, but just a few ideas. You can try
> to generate a new page-mapping.xml using the generation tool
> (http://castor.org/xml-faq.html#Are-there-any-tools-to-
> automatically-create-a-mapping-file?). Also, I noticed that the
> input files are in the http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed
> namespace, and the page-mapping file doesn't mention that
> namespace.. don't know if it matters though, since it worked before.

The mapping files were created by hand, I would not be comfortable
switching them over to a generated version.
If 2.1.1 wasn't a bug fix release, I would consider dropping Castor.
Castor is only used in the PSML file system component. Will attempt
to rewrite the Castor code in version 2.2, as we have like six
different ways in Jetspeed to process XML:

Castor
Digester
JDOM
Dom4j
Javolution
Jaxen

Yeah it could be the namespace, really not sure at this point as the
error messages are no help. Guess I will download the Castor source
and try to figure it out
Thanks