From "Steve Milek" <s.mi...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: About the Desktop interface....is it slow????
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:49:35 GMT
Certainly, the jetspeed desktop has plenty of room for improvement.

The factors that we based our decisions on are most likely quite different
from those that drive netvibes.com. For example, in choosing to use dojo
toolkit, we needed to satisfy the internal requirements for jetspeed
desktop, but we also wanted our choice to be well suited for portlet
application development. As always, licensing was also a consideration.

There is a lot of obvious optimization that has not yet occurred (e.g.
compression of the jetspeed desktop javascript). I would be interested in
hearing about the specific improvements that you would like to see. There
are many places where we could focus our attention.

Also, I wouldn't expect that most open source projects have as "slick" of a
demo as netvibes.com. However, I believe that when it comes to depth,
jetspeed competes fairly well with the likes of netvibes.com. What are your
thoughts on this?

Regards,
Steve Milek