From "Team Vit" <team....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Modifying the Jetspeed Desktop
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:40:42 GMT
hi there,

well scott, what you have done is similar to  what i am planning to do
since personally i think it is easier for the designer to design if he has
to change the look at one single page ( approx) .
I was thinking of not using any widgets at all for the rendering ...instead
go with prototype
for the ajax and simple anims.  I haven't  gone much deeply into jQuery but
from what i have seen it seems to be a much better alternative.

My intention is to make an interface which is clean, simple and really fast
( responsive) .
If you don't mind, and if it is not confidential , can we have a look at
what you have done with ur portal.
especially the part about dropping layouts and decorators
 it will really be helpful to get a reference point for me to begin with.

I will be working on this as soon as my exams get over possible ...i.e in
about 20-30 days more.
Hope fully i could make something good enuf to share it with you guys.

Maybe we need to have a Jetspeed Summit meeting to discuss all these
> new directions. like jQuery
> I think it would be great to get you and Steve and Team and the
> other /desktop developers together to brainstorm ....

I would love to be a part of this. I hope this can be done online .

I think you would first have to have a good understanding of the code
> I would start reviewing the code, maybe taking it through the
> debugger, walking thru it
> Also have a look at the /desktop pipeline, and then the desktop
> javascript code

will do .. and thanks for the help

Regards
Team Vit