From "Aaron Evans" <aaronmev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JS 2.1 - render phase not called when actionResponse.sendRedirect used
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 18:12:44 GMT
On 3/20/07, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:

> I believe the portal is behaving correctly in this case as its
> invalidating the current page only
> The spec doesn't really address multiple page cases, leaving it open
> to interpretation
>
> The way its behaving right now, only portlet windows on the same page
> are invalidated on an action, so windows on a different page are not
> invalidated

I think this sounds reasonable.

> I think there are a couple of ways we could handle this :
>
> * don't use portlet caching on your particular portlet (just remove
> the <expiration-cache> tag

This solution works fine for me. It is not the type of portlet that
would be cached much anyway.  In fact, I had the expiration-cache set
to -1 which I thought meant never cache but I guess that means never
expires?

In any event, I removed the tag and it is working as advertised.

thanks,
aaron