From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: 2.1 customized binary build
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 14:27:57 GMT

On Mar 20, 2007, at 2:36 PM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2007, at 11:19 AM, Aaron Evans wrote:
>
>> On 3/20/07, David Sean Taylor <david@bluesunrise.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> The build isn't going to pick it up unless you put the dependencies
>>> in your project.xml (maven-1)
>>> Are you doing a building with a custom Maven-1 build? (btw I will be
>>> proposing deprecating Maven-1 build soon...)
>>
>> I am using the standard maven-1 binary  build using the plugin. I do
>> realize you guys want to standardize on 2 and I understand why.
>> Unfortunate though because it works so well. ;-)
>
> Just a proposal ... we can all vote on where we want to go from here
> Im happy to continue with Maven-1 if thats what people want
> However Im not happy to continue with two builds

Please no more maven 1!  I have enough trouble finding any time to
keep up with jetspeed and having to deal with m1 will keep me from
even trying.

What reasons do you have for even considering staying with maven 1?
When I've looked at the build in the past it looked to me that the
only things maven scripting were being used for were dreadful hacks
due to bad project structure and big limitations of maven 1.  IIRC I
pointed some of these out on my last visit a few months back and was
told they couldn't be changed because of the m1 build.  If you really
need fancy scripting you can still use ant and groovy.

thanks
david jencks

PS Congratulations on the 2.1 release!