From "Tallamraju, Raman" <Raman.Tallamr...@FMR.COM>
Subject Jetspeed2.1 security-atz.xml issue
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:56:08 GMT
Hi All,

We've been trying to upgrade to the jetspeed-2.1 release but have been
having problems enabling JAAS security. Here are the details of the
problem - hopefully one of you can help:

We have a JAAS policy implementation that takes PageManager,
SearchEngine & PortletRegistry as constructor arguments. These are bean
references in the security-atz.xml file. When we build jetspeed, the
jetspeed plugin tries to create this policy object when running the
j2:_db.seed goal. This goal fails because page-manager.xml isn't
included in the ${temp.assembly.dir} directory (leads to a bean
definition not found error). Including page-manager.xml (and
jetspeed-spring.xml) in that directory ultimately leads to path issues
(can't find jetspeed.properties file).

We're stuck at this point with two choices:

A) Modify jetspeed plugin so that _db.seed works by copying all
dependencies to the target\portal-sql directory
B) Modify security-atz so that we don't need PageManager, SearchEngine &
PortletRegistry objects

We don't see approach B working. Can one of you help us with approach A?

Any suggestions/help with this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Raman