From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pluto Upgrade
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 03:59:48 GMT
Unfortunately there is no clear upgrade path. I don't think anyone would
be able to give you a step by step guide, no matter how convenient it
would be :(

As you know the api is significantly different.  This was done
intentionally in order to ensure that the end result was clean and
effective.

I would propose that you branch jetspeed and begin the work there.  The
approach we took with uPortal was to replace 1.0.x libs with 1.1.x libs
and simply start working to make it compile. There's no doubt that this
will be a tedious effort.

The basics of the pluto container are this:

1) Instantiate a container
2) Provide the container required services
3) Provide the container with any optional services
4) Invoke the container as needed via it's interface (doRender and doAction)

The integration points are the services.  Each should be fairly self
explanatory. Take a look at the spi package.  It is broken into required
and optional services.

David