From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Pluto Upgrade
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:58:40 GMT
Hello Jetspeed!

I just wanted to show my face on this list and encourage you guys to
upgrade to pluto 1.1.x.  There are now two other open source portals
embedding this series and I think we've flushed out a lot of things that
will (eventually) help jetspeed.  uPortal, for example, reports that the
pluto significantly reduced both the complexity and the size of their
code base by an order of magnitude.

As with both the uPortal and the Sakai implementations, I don't
anticipate that the pluto team would have thought about *everything*
that you will need.  In fact, I'm hoping that you are much more tied to
use than the other two were, and as a result, will have many more
requirements which will help flush pluto out into a more rohbust
implementation.  The good new is that I believe that it currently has a
solid foundation in this regard.  In addition, not only am I standing by
waiting to help enhance pluto to meet your needs, we have been able to
stream line our release process and are pushing out releases much more
frequently (1 every few weeks to a month).   In fact, Pluto 1.1.1 was
just released last week and I am targeting a new release for 1.1.2
within the next week or two.

Please let me know how I can help get you kickstarted!

David