From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: 2.1 customized binary build
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2007 00:59:15 GMT

On Mar 24, 2007, at 7:27 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2007, at 2:36 PM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

>>> I am using the standard maven-1 binary  build using the plugin. I do
>>> realize you guys want to standardize on 2 and I understand why.
>>> Unfortunate though because it works so well. ;-)
>>
>> Just a proposal ... we can all vote on where we want to go from here
>> Im happy to continue with Maven-1 if thats what people want
>> However Im not happy to continue with two builds
>>

> Please no more maven 1!  I have enough trouble finding any time to
> keep up with jetspeed and having to deal with m1 will keep me from
> even trying.

I hear you

> What reasons do you have for even considering staying with maven 1?

I am not so much saying "lets stay with Maven-1" as I am saying "it
is now time to rework the build and I can't stand to go on with two
builds and two custom builds, lets do one build really well from
scratch"
Where as Ate and I prefer to continue with Maven-2, and remove the
Maven-1 build,  we have to vote on the decision
So Ate is working on a branch for a new Maven-2 build
Once its ready we can review it, improve it, vote ....