From "Anna Bondarenko" <abondare...@ua.externall.net>
Subject help with LDAP password encoding
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:53:24 GMT
Hello

I have installed LDAP auth modules on my jetspeed-2 and trying to make them live. For now
it recognizes user name but do not accept password.
I'd like to add SHA password encoding algorithm to all this. I study classes that are used
in security-spi-ldap*.xml files and can't find there any way to pass encoder to ldap security
mechanism.

I mean that I can of course write this...

<bean id="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.CredentialPasswordEncoder"
       class="org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.impl.MessageDigestCredentialPasswordEncoder">
       <constructor-arg index="0"><value>SHA-1</value></constructor-arg>

  </bean>

... but there is no any ldap-security class that reques org.apache.jetspeed.security.spi.CredentialPasswordEncoder
parameter.

Can somebody advise me how to set encoding algorithm when using LDAP?
Help, please.

Thank you.
Anna.