From "Timony, Michael" <Michael.Tim...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: j2-admin u ser
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:51:09 GMT

The mailer daemon didn't like the size of those files.  Trying again
with 2 separate e-mails.

See attached cat.out which is the output from Tomcat.

-----Original Message-----
From: Timony, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:46 PM
To: Timony, Michael; 'David Sean Taylor'; 'Jetspeed Developers List';
Moynihan, Michael A
Subject: RE: j2-admin u ser

Fails when I change the DB to be Oracle. Here's what we've been doing to
get it to work with Oracle:

Edit datasource.xml which can be found at:
artifactId\etag-portal\portal\target\artifactId-portal-version\WEB-INF\a
ssembly\boot

In our example that will be:

etag-portal-test-1\portal\target\etag-portal-test-1-portal-1.0\WEB-INF\a
ssembly\boot

Replace the JNDI JetspeedDS bean at the start of the file with the
JetspeedDS at the bottom of the file. In other words replace the
following code:

 <bean id="JetspeedDS"
     <property name="jndiName">
        <value>java:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed</value>
     </property>
 </bean>

With this basic Datasource bean, change as necessary for your
environment:

 <bean id="JetspeedDS" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"
destroy-method="close">
    <property name="driverClassName">
       <value>oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</value>
    </property>
    <property name="url">
       <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:XE</value>
    </property>
    <property name="username">
       <value>USERNAME</value>
    </property>
    <property name="password">
       <value>PASSWORD</value>
    </property>
 </bean>

It builds and deploys successfully, but the portal won't start. See the
attached 2 files for error messages. The first file, cat.out,  is the
output from tomcat (for some reason my Tomcat on Windows isn't writing
to the logs files just to stdout). The second file is jetspeed.log from
webapps/portal/logs.

So any ideas?

Mick