From "Timony, Michael" <Michael.Tim...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: j2-admin user
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:36:38 GMT
That build correctly, except for some warnings about some missing pom
files (see the attached file). Starting up tomcat it looks like it start
correctly with Tomcat & Derby. Next, I'm going to try Tomcat & Oracle
and see what happens.

-----Original Message-----
From: Timony, Michael
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:28 PM
To: Timony, Michael; 'David Sean Taylor'; 'Jetspeed Developers List';
Moynihan, Michael A
Subject: RE: j2-admin user

I decided to test with Tomcat & derby to see if I see the issues. During
the build I see the errors below. Looks like it's not finding the derby
JAR file, here is what the derby portion of my settings.xml looks like.

<org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.drivers.path></org.apache.jetspeed.test.j
dbc.drivers.path>

<org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.default.name>derby</org.apache.jetspe
ed.test.database.default.name>

<org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url>jdbc:derby:${org.apache.jetspeed.
server.home}/DERBY/j2test</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.url>

<org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver>org.apache.derby.jdbc.Embedded
Driver</org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.driver>

<org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.user></org.apache.jetspeed.test.datab
ase.user>

<org.apache.jetspeed.test.database.password></org.apache.jetspeed.test.d
atabase.password>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path></org.apache.jetspeed.
production.jdbc.drivers.path>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.default.name>derby</org.apache.
jetspeed.production.database.default.name>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>jdbc:derby:${org.apache.jet
speed.server.home}DERBY/j2</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.url>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>org.apache.derby.jdbc.Em
beddedDriver</org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.driver>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.user></org.apache.jetspeed.prod
uction.database.user>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.database.password></org.apache.jetspeed.
production.database.password>

I'm going to specifically point jdbc.drivers.path to the derby jar file
(which didn't need to be done before?) and see if that works

****************** error messages below ************************

populate-db:
     [echo] START-POPULATE-DB

populate-seed-data:
     [echo] called seed data with directory
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/target/seed
    [mkdir] Created dir:
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/target/seed/data
     [copy] Copying 1 file to
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/target/seed/data
     [copy] Copying
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/sql/j2-seed.xml to
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/target/seed/data/j
2-seed.xml
     [echo] Running Jetspeed Seed Importer with -b
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/serializer/assembly//boot/ -c
/tmp/CUSTOM_PO RTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/serializer/assembly//
     [echo]     portlet-api.version=1.0
     [echo]     org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.version=2.1-dev
     [echo]
org.apache.jetspeed.deploy.groupid=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
     [echo] calling serializer with data in
/tmp/CUSTOM_PORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/target/seed/data , assembly and b
oot:/tmp/CUSTOM_P ORTAL1/portal-mick-1/etc/serializer/assembly//
database:-dc org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver -ds
jdbc:derby:/home/a268412/WS_Test
/tomcat-m2DERBY/j2 -du  -dp
     [java] starter framework created
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter@ecd7e
     [java]  INFO:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.TyrexJNDIComponent - JNDI
successfully initiallized
     [java]  INFO:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent -
Setting up data source pooling for org.apache.
derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
     [java]  INFO:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent - Max
active connnections set to: 20
     [java]  INFO:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent - Pool
is set to "2" when all connections are ex hausted.
     [java]  INFO:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent -
Attempting to start DBCPCDatasourceComponent.
     [java] ERROR:
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent -
Unable to start DBCPCDatasourceComponent: java
.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
     [java] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
     [java] java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to start
DBCPCDatasourceComponent: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.d
erby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent.start(
DBCPDatasourceComponent.java:179)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.s
tart(BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.java:84)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setupJNDI(SpringJN
DIStarter.java:152)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setUp(SpringJNDISt
arter.java:89)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.serializer.JetspeedSerializerApplication.main(Jetspe
edSerializerApplication.java:340)
     [java]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
     [java]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)
     [java]     at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
     [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
     [java]     at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
     [java]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
     [java]     at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:164)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.DBCPDatasourceComponent.start(
DBCPDatasourceComponent.java:150)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.datasource.BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.s
tart(BoundDBCPDatasourceComponent.java:84)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setupJNDI(SpringJN
DIStarter.java:152)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.components.jndi.SpringJNDIStarter.setUp(SpringJNDISt
arter.java:89)
     [java]     at
org.apache.jetspeed.serializer.JetspeedSerializerApplication.main(Jetspe
edSerializerApplication.java:340)
     [java] Java Result: 1
     [echo] END POPULATE-DB
[INFO] Executed tasks