From "Timony, Michael" <Michael.Tim...@FMR.COM>
Subject FW: j2-admin user
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:01:53 GMT
We verified that settings.xml has the DB driver listed, and made sure
the activeProfile is enabled. See the attached file (build.txt) for
output from the build.

Please reply all as I'm not receiving your replies.

Mick

-----Original Message-----
From: philip.donaghy@gmail.com [mailto:philip.donaghy@gmail.com] On
Behalf Of Philip Mark Donaghy
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:44 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: j2-admin user

On 2/6/07, Timony, Michael <Michael.Timony@fmr.com> wrote:
> Trying to start a custom Portal on Tomcat with an Oracle DB, and it
fails complaining about j2admin? This is based on Monday's build. See
the attached file for the full output.

> INFO: Loading web.xml....j2-admin
>  INFO: Registered the portlet application j2-admin
>  INFO: Registered the portlet application in the search engine...
> j2-admin
> ERROR: Error granting default permissions for j2-admin
> org.apache.jetspeed.security.SecurityException: The role user does not
exist.

This indicates to me that the database did not populate correctly.
Check in your build output if there isn't a class not found exception.

Set the following properties in ~/.m2/settings.xml

<org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.drivers.path>${org.apache.jetspeed.server
.home}/shared/lib/ojdbc14.jar</org.apache.jetspeed.test.jdbc.drivers.pat
h>

<org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc.drivers.path>${org.apache.jetspeed.
server.home}/shared/lib/ojdbc14.jar</org.apache.jetspeed.production.jdbc
.drivers.path>

And be sure to activate this profile.

<activeProfile>jetspeed-db-drivers-path</activeProfile>

Philip

>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.RoleManagerImpl.getRole(RoleManager
> Impl.java:214)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.grantDe
> faultPermissions(PortletApplicationManager.java:679)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.registe
> rPortletApplication(PortletApplicationManager.java:357)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.startPA
> (PortletApplicationManager.java:471)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.startPA
> (PortletApplicationManager.java:408)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationManager.startPo
> rtletApplication(PortletApplicationManager.java:175)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.attemptStart(J
> etspeedContainerServlet.java:173)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet.access$200(Jet
> speedContainerServlet.java:56)
>         at
> org.apache.jetspeed.container.JetspeedContainerServlet$1.run(Jetspeed
> ContainerServlet.java:144)
>         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
>

> Mick Timony

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02