From "Hajo Birthelmer" <H...@BlueSunrise.com>
Subject RE: Resolved the Maven 2 build error with the Derby embedded database
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:11:39 GMT
Hi folks...

This is also related to Mark's and Mikko's email thread " Resolved the Maven
2 build error with the Derby embedded database"...

>From http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html :
Ant will only check whether the property has been set, the value doesn't
matter. A property set to the empty string is still an existing property.
For example:

    <target name="build-module-A" if="module-A-present"/>

    <target name="build-own-fake-module-A" unless="module-A-present"/>

In the first example, if the module-A-present property is set (to any value,
e.g. false), the target will be run. In the second example, if the
module-A-present property is set (again, to any value), the target will not
be run.

Having said that, setting the property below is not what we should do, since
it would (let me get rid of the conditional - it does) break everything else
since now the build file thinks that derby is always set.
Mark is right in that the property needs to be set for derby (to anything
for that matter) and only if derby is the database, but we need to find out
why the condition to do so doesn't get executed

Hajo Birthelmer

hajo@bluesunrise.com
office     : +01.707.773.4646