From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How change name of Jetspeed application?
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:22:20 GMT
Hi again,

in the URL I say http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal.

> Now I want URL not to use the word "Jetspeed". I want to change the web application name
from 'Jetspeed' to 'portal'. If I rename the folder 'c:\Jetspeed-2.0\webapps\jetspeed' to
'c:\Jetspeed-2.0\webapps\portal'. But it gave me lots of errors and did not deploy it at all.

> Can somebody tell me how to rename the Jetspeed application name to something different?

The correct way to rename the jetspeed portal is to develop one using
the jetspeed maven project.

Here's the quick and dirty way from an earlier post.

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Running-Jetspeed-behind-Apache-Proxy-p7557889.html

Change the context path in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/jetspeed.xml from /jetspeed to
/xyz

<Context path="/xyz" docBase="xyz" .....>

docBase can point to a location outside Tomcat which is preferable.

I did this and had to delete the jetspeed.war and change
webapps/jetspeed to webapps/xyz

Philip

> Waiting for the reply.
> regards,