From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Build broken
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:12:38 GMT

On Dec 7, 2006, at 10:07 AM, David Sean Taylor wrote:

> Tallamraju, Raman wrote:
>> No worries - happens to the best of us :-)
>> Although this doesn bring up an interesting point - I don't know
>> if you
>> guys have talked about using a cruisecontrol based automated build
>> system that builds the code base when changes are made to the SVN
>> repository. Would definitely help ensure build integrity at all times
>> and enable someone to look at the latest/greatest code capabilities.
>
> I don't know if we can install that at Apache
> Need to look into it, or Continuum might be a more Apache friendly
> choice

I don't know anything about any of these tools but..... Jason Dillon
is setting up build automation for geronimo using AntHill, and the
anthill people have given geronimo/apache a license more or less
identical to the attlassian jira/confluence license.  I know Jason
studied these tools quite a bit before choosing anthill, so there
might be some good reason to try it :-)

thanks
david jencks