From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Rendering STATIC contents in JS-2
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:05:45 GMT
anand.kulkarni@e-zest.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to render a page having four portlets header, footer, left leaf and contents.
Left leaf and contents are the dynamic sections and we have already written portlets for the
same.

> We have problems in static contents i.e. header and footer. We have written header.jsp
and footer.jsp pages. How can I map these JSPs inside PSML file for the header and footer
sections without writing portlet classes for these two sections?

> In JS-1, we had .xreg files to resolve the above problem, then what is the parallel file
in JS-2?

Take a look at the page decoration features
I know this documentation is rather hard to getting started with, but
its all we have now:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-decorators.html
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html

I am working on a tutorial here that does a better job of getting you
started with decorations. Hope to get it checked in by end of year