From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization in JS-2
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 20:02:29 GMT

anand.kulkarni@e-zest.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I use internationalization feature in JS-2? In the JS-2
> feaures list, i.e. at
> http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/features.html, they have
> specifically given that JS-2 gives complete support for
> internationalization. I searched a lot but I did not find anything
> suitable about internationalization.
>
> When I saw "demo" and "j2-admin" applications from JS-2, both of them
> use JSTL for internationalization.
>
> My question is that do you know what is the standard way of
> implementing internationalization in JS-2? Is there any  fall-back
> system exists for the internationalization in JS-2?

First, you should review the portlet specification, JSR-168.
See section PLT 6.2 for resource bundle usage, and section PLT 21.8,
21,9, 21.10, 21.11

For Jetspeed specific features, we do support localization of most
aspects of the portal implementation, including page management. We also
implement large features of our portal with portlets, so we naturally
leverage the localization features of the portal spec