From "Hajo Birthelmer" <H...@BlueSunrise.com>
Subject Maven-1 build initMavenPlugin and plugin.property refresh
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 17:05:50 GMT
Some bizarre behavior:

I modified the plugin.jelly and added a goal to clean up some directory
underneath the portal path and added a property for the directory name to
the plugin.properties. The goal is part of the allBuild-goal.

So far so good.

Never had any problem until: I installed the patch on a second machine, made
sure that all the files got updated correctly  and invoked "maven allClean
initMavenPlugin allBuild".and watched while maven attempted to delete my
portal path..the new property was not set..

I repeated the steps on a third machine (also clean) this morning and ran
"allClean initMavenPlugin" separately before running maven allBuild..and all
worked fine..

So what I assume is that the plugin properties were loaded into memory
before the initMavenPlugin executed and allBuild picked up the old ones..

Is that possible or was I just haunted by the big spirits of maven?

Hajo