From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Oracle error 1400
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:57:52 GMT
Mark.Easparro@Lazard.com wrote:
> I am seeing this exception in my Weblogic jdbc log while attempting to deploy
> jpetstore.war by placing it into the jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy directory running
> under Weblogic 8.1:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01400: cannot insert NULL into
> ("LDM_ADMIN"."PORTLET_ENTITY"."APP_NAME")

With Weblogic, you will need to prepare your portlet app for deployment
using the deploy tool. See:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/multiproject/jetspeed-deploy-tools/deploy-tools.html

Recently I changed the build so that all the Jetspeed portlet
applications are ready for deployment in any application server
With the 2.1 release, we are not deprecating the WEB-INF/deploy
directory, but we are trying to better support other app servers
(besides Tomcat), since the WEB-INF/deploy solution was a Tomcat only
solution

What I've been doing for Weblogic is:

1. build or install Jetspeed as usual (for Tomcat)
2. edit the config.xml (or deploy using the administrator), add entries
such as:

<Application LoadOrder="201" Name="j2admin"
         Path="/home/david/tomcat/webapps" TwoPhase="true">
         <WebAppComponent Name="j2admin" Targets="myserver" URI="j2admin"/>
</Application>

3. edit the classpath in the startmydomain.sh/cmd file for the
shared/lib files

The procedure above is not for production, just a verification of
Jetspeed running on Weblogic 8.1 to get you going.

We are working on tools in 2.1 to install Jetspeed, populate the
database separate from the build, and migrate databases from older
versions when new releases come out