From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: proposal for war assembly reorganization
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:57:27 GMT
Aaron Evans wrote:
> As a community user, I'd just like to add my two cents and say that I
> am also a user that uses the "genapp" functionality (and I'm still on
> m1).
>
> If the genapp functionality and the documentation were in place, I'd
> happily upgrade to maven 2 provided the build process was
> straight-forward and thouroughly tested. I remember when I started
> with jetspeed a year ago, I spent a lot of cycles just trying to get
> it to build and I would prefer to not go through that again. :)

We do have "genapp" capabilities in the Maven-2 'build'
We implemented it with archetypes, such as the portal-achetype, similar
to our Maven-1 counterpart:

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.portals.jetspeed-2
-DarchetypeArtifactId=portal-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=2.1-dev
-DgroupId=myportalgroup -DartifactId=myportal -Dversion=1.0

Archetypes

* portal
* application
* component
* shared-component
* portal-component

Documentation:

http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/Maven2BuildSupport

I'd be interested to hear what DJ thinks about the archetypes
Randy tells me that archetypes are somewhat limited, and that a real
Maven-2 plugin would be the better solution