From Michael Kearns <michael.kea...@saaconsultants.com>
Subject [2.0.1] Portlet Selector retains list of portlets for first-logged-in user within browser session.
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:24:01 GMT
Hi.

I'm running a 2.0.1 build (not able to update completely to 2.1 for this
production release) and I've noticed that when customizing a page, the
portlet selector will display portlets applicable to the first user that
logged on. (This may actually be the first user to open the selector,
thinking about it).

No matter how many times I log off and back on as a different user (with
different roles), the portlets listed within the selector are identical
(and therefore inappropriate if you first logged on as admin, and are
now logged on as a basic user).

If I close my browser, and start again, the selector is reset. Following
on from this, if I clear the browser cookies, it also works correctly,
which suggests that the selector list is being persisted across user
sessions, within the cookie.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this, or does it need to be
raised as a Jira entry ?

Many thanks for your assistance,

Michael Kearns.