From "Gudiyella, Pavan" <PGudiye...@Tribune.com>
Subject RE: Extending PortalAdministration??
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:36:17 GMT
never mind.  I did not had to extend PortalAdministration interface.

I created preferences object in the init() of myUserRegistrationPortlet
(this extends UserRegistrationPortlet).

preferences = (PreferencesProvider) getPortletContext().getAttribute(
                CommonPortletServices.CPS_PREFERENCES_PROVIDER);

then used

preferences.lookupPreference("userinfo", "user.name.nickName", nickName);

Thanks
Pavan

-----Original Message-----
From: Gudiyella, Pavan
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 3:43 PM
To: 'Jetspeed Developers List'
Subject: Extending PortalAdministration??

Dear Mailing list Members,

I have a requirement to have User Nick Name to be unique, just like email to
be unique.  I am thinking of extending PortalAdministration interface and
put the implementation in PortalAdministrationImpl.  And then Refer
myAdminstration, myAdministrationImpl in administration.xml.

Is this the right approach?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
Pavan