From "Ruben Fragoso" <ruben.frag...@tap.pt>
Subject RE: User Attributes
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:56:18 GMT
Hi Brice, i have a custom portlet that can satisfy your request, if you want
i can send it to you.

Best Regards

Ruben

-----Original Message-----
From: Brice Lambi [mailto:bricelambi@gmail.com]
Sent: segunda-feira, 19 de Junho de 2006 15:09
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: User Attributes

I need a way to automate mapping values to user attributes.  What I need is
the JSR 168 attribute user.name to map to the username.  How can I do this
outside of the portal?  When a new account is created I don't want to open
the User Manager portlet to create the attribute for each user.  I have
tried using jetspeed-portlet.xml to as explained in this document (
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-user-attributes.html) but
after mapping the user-name (guess) to user.name in jetspeed-portlet.xml I
still get null values.  What can I do to make the user.name user attribute
equal the login name?  I can't use the UserManager object because I need to
keep this JSR 168.

Thanks,
Brice