From "Aaron Evans" <aaronmev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jetspeed admin password
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 17:18:36 GMT
The default user name and password for the admin account is
admin/admin (at least it was the last time I did a build).

As for your SMTP exception, I'm not sure what the default config is,
but I'm betting that it's trying to use localhost:25.  If you are
running on a system that is running sendmail or something like that,
then it will work, otherwise, you will need to figure out where the
config is for this and point it at a valid SMTP server.

The 403 bug you are seeing might be that known bug with tomcat.

Basically, if you look at jetspeed's web.xml, find the section:

 <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Login</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/login/redirector</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>*</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>

Tomcat should allow any role for the login redirector because of the
*, but in later versions of tomcat, this is broken and for some reason
is only allowing admin accounts.

So try changing:

<role-name>*</role-name>

<role-name>admin</role-name>
<role-name>manager</role-name>
<role-name>user</role-name>

and include any other roles you plan on using.

If that works, then the problem is your tomcat version.

HTH,
aaron

On 5/2/06, chandra sekhar <leo12_chandu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi everyone,
>
>   My http://localhost:8080/jetspeed is working. I tried to create a user, entering the
details in "User Registration" portlet fields of the portal home, but after i fill the details
and click on "Register Me" button it is giving me the following error on one system. I am
just wondering what is the default administrator user name and password for Jetspeed. How
can i create an administrator so that i want to be able to change the properties of the existing
portlets and create new portlets.

>   Error :-
>   [Failed to send forgotten password email to user with email address because Mail server
connection failed; nested exception is javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to
SMTP host: localhost, port: 25; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused: connect]

>   But when i configured Jetspeed on a different system its not throwing any errors as
such but after registration when i try to login entering the registered password and user
name then its redirecting me to page which shows the following error.
>   Any suggestions please...
>
>   Error:-
>   HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied
>
>   message Access to the requested resource has been denied
>   description Access to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has
been denied) has been forbidden.