From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to deploy war/ear file
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 12:45:39 GMT
On 5/7/06, chandra sekhar <leo12_chandu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi philip,
>   The war i have is not a Portlet, i mean it is a servlet application. So obviously i
think it is not a JSR-168 war. So do i need to write the Portlet for that application, create
the war and deploy it in the Jetspeed. Actually the war i am talking about is "Confluence"
(wiki software) which i wanned to integrate into the Jetspeed. Do you think i need to write
a portlet for that on my own or is there anyway Jetspeed provides a facility to integrate
Confluence into the Portal.

I wish I could tell that the GenericServletPortal would just work, it
might. I haven't tried this. I have to embed two applications into J2
as well. One is jsf and the other is struts. I've been told this will
work.

For now I am embedding the applications in J2 using the IFrame
portlet. But there is no security and the applications are completely
independent. You will have to use one of the bridges to try and port
your application. Follow some of the demo applications. There is a
simple servlet portal example on the wiki.

http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/QuickstartForTheImpatient/CreateYourOwnSimpleServletPortlet?highlight=%28servlet%29

Regards,
Phil

>   Thank you,
>   Chandra Shekar.
>
> Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.donaghy@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Hi Chandra,
>
> If it is a JSR-168 war then put it right into Tomcat/webapps/WEB-INF/deploy.
>
> If it has struts or jsf then you have to build it with a bridge.
>
> Modifications to existing portlets distributed with J2 are best
> modified in the J2 source tree and then you can recompile package and
> deploy using 'maven -o allBuild' 'maven -o j2:quickStart'
>
> Phil
>
> On 5/5/06, chandra sekhar wrote:
> > Hi Group,
> > I am using Jetspeed-2 (source) with Apache Tomcat 5.5.17. I have a WAR/EAR of an
application. I am wondering how i can deploy that war/ear in to Jetspeed. Is it enough to
just copy it into the Tomcat/webapps/WEB-INF or do i need to first deploy it somewhere in
the jetspeed_src directory and then run "maven allClean allBuild" and then follow all the
instructions again. Please let me know how i will be able to run the war/ear as a portlet.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy