From "Piyush Kumar Nahata" <piyushkum...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Changing the mode of other portlets by calling the process action of one portlet
Date Mon, 15 May 2006 13:09:27 GMT
Hi,

  Thanks Aaron, Will surely try this approach !!! Thanks a bunch for the
suggestion !!!

Regards,
Piyush Kumar Nahata,
Software Engineer,
Cell no - 9840783583

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Evans [mailto:aaronmevans@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 6:34 PM
To: Jetspeed Developers List
Subject: Re: Changing the mode of other portlets by calling the process
action of one portlet

Hmmm... I don't think the spec allows for this.  Since you can only
change the portlet mode in the action phase and you can only target the
action for a single portlet at a time, this can't be done.

What you *could* do, is use some AJAX to invoke some action URLs using
the portlet pipeline on each portlet in the page setting the portlet
mode before finally having the browser GET or POST to the current
portlet's action URL. Then when the whole page renders, they should all
render in edit mode.

This obviously is a bit of a hack and what's more, invoking an action
via the portlet pipeline is a new feature (I'm pretty sure it was
implemented though).

aaron