From hamid bani <hamid...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Response pipeline ! huh?
Date Mon, 08 May 2006 06:27:43 GMT
Thanx for your response Aaron!

As you know a portlet generates only a fragment of a portal page !

So when you need to add a tag to the header part of your HTML file,you get many problems!
That 's not allowed.

I think a good solution is that the portlet generates the body part
and then let the portal mechanism add the required tags to the header portal page.

I want to add this mechanism to jetspeed.
tnx.

Aaron Evans <aaronmevans@gmail.com> wrote: I haven't looked too much at the pipeline
but I would bet you can
operate on the response if you want (don't hold me to that).

Really though, I think you ought to look at simply supporting
different mime-types in your portlets.  In my opinion, this is more
the portlet application's responsibility than a portal pipeline.  Plus
then your app will remain portable accross containers...

On 5/7/06, hamid bani  wrote:
> Hi
>   I'm new to JetSpeed2!
>   Its request pipeline mechanism seems great but I wonder why there isn't the same mechanism
for response generated by a portlet.
>   Sometimes you need to transform the output of a portlet to another mark up
>   just like wml ,... .
>
>   Suppose we have a pipeline which can transform the output to various markups!
>   (That is a great idea,isn't it?)
>   I want to transform the portlet output markup which contains XForms to HTML+ JavaScript
.Does any body know a good mechanism for this transformation ?