From chandra sekhar <leo12_cha...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to deploy war/ear file
Date Sun, 07 May 2006 04:38:51 GMT
hi philip,
  The war i have is not a Portlet, i mean it is a servlet application. So obviously i think
it is not a JSR-168 war. So do i need to write the Portlet for that application, create the
war and deploy it in the Jetspeed. Actually the war i am talking about is "Confluence" (wiki
software) which i wanned to integrate into the Jetspeed. Do you think i need to write a portlet
for that on my own or is there anyway Jetspeed provides a facility to integrate Confluence
into the Portal.

  Thank you,
  Chandra Shekar.

Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.donaghy@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Chandra,

If it is a JSR-168 war then put it right into Tomcat/webapps/WEB-INF/deploy.

If it has struts or jsf then you have to build it with a bridge.

Modifications to existing portlets distributed with J2 are best
modified in the J2 source tree and then you can recompile package and
deploy using 'maven -o allBuild' 'maven -o j2:quickStart'

Phil

On 5/5/06, chandra sekhar wrote:
> Hi Group,
> I am using Jetspeed-2 (source) with Apache Tomcat 5.5.17. I have a WAR/EAR of an application.
I am wondering how i can deploy that war/ear in to Jetspeed. Is it enough to just copy it
into the Tomcat/webapps/WEB-INF or do i need to first deploy it somewhere in the jetspeed_src
directory and then run "maven allClean allBuild" and then follow all the instructions again.
Please let me know how i will be able to run the war/ear as a portlet.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy