From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it posiible to refresh the portlet individulay
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 23:23:42 GMT
This was discussed earlier, Jetspeed has not yet implemented the cache
content expiration which is an optional part of the portlet spec.
Here's the quote.

> Also, I want the contents of my portlet to automatically refresh itself
> every 60 seconds or so. How would I achieve this? I thought the rss::RSS
> example portlet might do this (to refresh the RSS newsfeed every 3600
> seconds, as it's supposed to do), but it appears that it doesn't do that.

You can build this into your portlet using your own timer
The RSS portlets do have a refresh timer on them
               <preference>
                       <name>minrefresh</name>
                       <value>3600</value>
               </preference>

The portlet spec has a feature for cache content expiration specified in
the portlet.xml
Its optional and we haven't implemented it yet (high onthe list for 2.1
release or sooner)

On 2/17/06, Sathish Kannan <sathishk@virtusa.com> wrote:

> Looking at the source code for the example rss::RSS portlet, I
>
> notice that the "minrefresh" preference is not used in the portlet
> itself.
>
> Nor does "minrefresh" appear in the HTML fragment that renders the RSS
>
> portlet. So I fail to see how "minrefresh" is being used at all (in the
>

> rss::RSS example portlet).
>

> Is there any practical example that could show me exactly what to do to
>

> create a self-refreshing portlet
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Sathish

> This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for
a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized
disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments
or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete this message.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy