From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] J2 Bulid: Ant vs. Maven
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:05:43 GMT
I know many of you don't know me - I'm a Cocoon and Portals committer
(which I guess means I have commit rights to Jetspeed - although I
certainly don't believe I have your permission to do that) and have been
monitoring these lists as I will be using Jetspeed 2 in an upcoming
project.

FWIW - The Cocoon team has been working hard to convert from the ant
build to maven. Cocoon has huge problems in that its download is huge,
primarily because of all the bundled jars.  It also has a lot of
optional parts which end users should have to download if they don't
want them.  There have been issues with Maven but they seem to disappear
fairly rapidly.

I myself have been using Maven 1 for a couple of years and much prefer
it over Ant, despite all of its problems.  I'm really looking forward to
using Maven 2.  As a matter of fact, we plan to use Maven 2 for the
project that will be using Jetspeed.

Now, since I'm pretty sure that I am going to have to modify some of the
login stuff for our environment eventually, I guess I'd prefer a Maven 2
build.

Ralph