From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject wrappering of servlet request
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:02:16 GMT
Im debugging some multithreaded aggregation bits, and came across
something that looks suspect.

In ServletPortletInvoker, we have a triple unraveler of the request:

         // gather all required data from request and response
         ServletRequest servletRequest =
((HttpServletRequestWrapper)((HttpServletRequestWrapper)((HttpServletRequestWrapper)portletRequest).getRequest()).getRequest()).getRequest();

and then in JetspeedContainerServlet:

// inject the current request into the renderRequest handler
((o.a.j.engine.servlet.ServletRequestImpl)

((HttpServletRequestWrapper)((HttpServletRequestWrapper)renderRequest).getRequest()).setRequest(request);

It seem to me that we need to abstract this code into something a little
more manageable and extensible. Im trying to write my own portlet
invoker, and because of this assumed wrappering, things are not
unraveling as aspected. It appears that this assumed wrappering needs to
be better abstracted and encapsulated, instead of having wrappering
assumptions across components. If no one objects Im going to start
looking into doing just that