From "Scott T Weaver" <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] J2 Bulid: Ant vs. Maven
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:10:29 GMT
+1 for Ant.  (Haven't looked at Maven 2.0, and honestly I don't care to.   I
really don't want to learn another build system)

It has been over a month since I totally ditched the maven-plugin for a
custom ant script.  All I do (in my ant script) is pull down the pre-built
jetspeed-2.0.war, explode it into a temp build directory, then copy
changes/additions from my dev environment.  We use our own dependencies task
we have had for some time now to pull down deps from both maven repos and
local ones.  I manually run the SQL myself as I suspect most self-respecting
admins/developers do anyways ;)

I no longer have to worry about maven's crappy caching mechanism or figuring
which version of the plugin my project is using.  The other bonus (which has
already been stated) is other developers can easily understand what is going
since my ant script is patterned after standard ant template we use here.

Regards,
-Scott