From "Davy De Waele" <sebu...@pandora.be>
Subject RE: LDAP in Jetspeed-2.0
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 00:22:30 GMT
Roger,

The LDAP implementation that's in the 2.0 release doesn't support this.
It will only work with clear text passwords.
A patch has been applied to the codebase that fixes this but I have no
visibility on future releases that will include this.

I could assist you in patching your current 2.0 release (upgrading the
security components library and reconfiguring the authorization beans in
spring).

Greetings,

Davy

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Roger Ruttimann [mailto:roger.ruttimann@earthlink.net]
Verzonden: vrijdag 3 februari 2006 1:14
Aan: jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org
Onderwerp: LDAP in Jetspeed-2.0

I have Jetspeed-2 running using  OpenLDAP for authentication. It all
works fine.

The only use I see so far is that I can only authenticate with LDAP if
the passwords in LDAP are not encrypted.

I'm just wondering if I miss a configuration settings since I assume
that the passwords in the credential stores is always encrypted.

Any comments?

Roger