From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: 2.0.1 release
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:02:43 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:
> We are getting pretty close to being ready for a 2.0.1 bug fix release.
> (As usual, iron man Randy is doing all the work :))
>
> I wanted to get your opinions on the current installer
> Is it good enough for the 2.0.1 release, or do we want to move (back) to
> izpack for 2.0.1

Well, I've put in some time trying to fix and improve the current ant-installer.
I don't think it competes with izpack feature wise, and its kinda buggy and instable too.
So, I personally gave up on ant-installer after several frustrating hours.

But, while izpack provides all these neat features we might want or need to use like hooking
in our own (extended) panels, it'll take some time to get there.
I already started out with this, but got side-tracked the last weeks.

So, maybe we should stick with ant-installer for just the 2.0.1 bug fix release, and
for 2.1 go for izpack.

If anyone else with izpack experience wants to step up though and write a neat installer
for 2.0.1, be my guest :-)

I think I still have a few small fixes to apply to the ant-installer configuration, and
I will look into that soon.

Ate