From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reorganizing Jetspeed repository (Was Re: Some mean-spirited whining about the build...)
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:28:03 GMT
Roger Ruttimann wrote:
> Raphaël Luta wrote:
> <snip>

>>> I'm all for working through the issues but I also wonder if bighting off
>>> one peice at a time is worth considering.  I'm affraid that addressing
>>> things like the mailing lists and redoing builds, and reorganizing
>>> directory structures within jetspeed is more than is required right now.
>>>
>>> Simply moving the applications directory is a first step in the right
>>> direction and it gives us a chance to "try" things out before taking on
>>> a much larger effort (modifying the build, etc. . .).
>>>
>>> Can we vote and begin to play with applications so that we have some
>>> "working knowledge" for the rest of our discussions?
>>>

>> If there's a consensus from the current active developers to go this way
>> and move applications as a test, I'm definitely +1 but then I'm not
>> active very often on the code so I'm not really the one impacted.
>>
> How much work is involved in setting up a subversion project for
> applications? If we all agree to move applications into it's own
> repository we should go ahead instead of doing it in baby steps which
> might be confusing to portal users/developers.
>
> I volunteer to step-in in creating and maintaining the applications
> subproject (svn/jira).

If we're talking just moving SVN to /portals/applications and having the
commits made to current jetspeed-dev list then the work is very small
(just a svn move and some svn configuration edit done by Santiago). The
main issue possibly being that applications can be built alone, without
being included in the jetspeed-2 tree.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/