From Roger Ruttimann <roger.ruttim...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Reorganizing Jetspeed repository (Was Re: Some mean-spirited whining about the build...)
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 22:13:52 GMT
Raphaƫl Luta wrote:
<snip>

>>>and then vote and implement the proposal.
>>>Maybe we could start a poropsal draft on the wiki to start formalizing a
>>>precise proposal while the discussion goes on.
>>>

>>I'm all for working through the issues but I also wonder if bighting off
>>one peice at a time is worth considering.  I'm affraid that addressing
>>things like the mailing lists and redoing builds, and reorganizing
>>directory structures within jetspeed is more than is required right now.
>>
>>Simply moving the applications directory is a first step in the right
>>direction and it gives us a chance to "try" things out before taking on
>>a much larger effort (modifying the build, etc. . .).
>>
>>Can we vote and begin to play with applications so that we have some
>>"working knowledge" for the rest of our discussions?
>>

>If there's a consensus from the current active developers to go this way
>and move applications as a test, I'm definitely +1 but then I'm not
>active very often on the code so I'm not really the one impacted.

How much work is involved in setting up a subversion project for
applications? If we all agree to move applications into it's own
repository we should go ahead instead of doing it in baby steps which
might be confusing to portal users/developers.

I volunteer to step-in in creating and maintaining the applications
subproject (svn/jira).

Roger