From David Le Strat <dlest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: FW: Jetspeed LDAP connectivity
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 23:29:47 GMT
Davy,

Thanks for your feedback, this is a pretty accurate
description of the state of the LDAP implementation.
Authentication was the primary focus of the last
release.  Though authorization is partially
implemented, it is not fully functional as you
rightfully point out.

>From your comments, I see a few actions points:

- We need to wrap up the RoleSecurityHandler
implementation as well as the user/role/group mapping
for LDAP.  Your suggestion to leverage uniqueMember,
or memberOf is definitely a possibility.
- We need to support Sun LDAP for authentication.

Regarding your general questions, around extended LDAP
support in J2, I think it is reasonable to say that we
would like to improve it based on the community needs
and feedback.  So your email helps out greatly there.

Also, we are always looking for good patches ;)

Regards,

David Le Strat

David Le Strat
Blogging @ http://dlsthoughts.blogspot.com