From Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: J2 release for ApacheCon ?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:38:17 GMT
Here is the first draft.

The Jetspeed team will announce the 2.0 release of it's enterprise
information portal framework on December 10th at ApacheCon US 2004. Jetspeed
2 is a full implementation of the Java Portlet API. Notable features include
security components backed by LDAP and database implementations and some
robust administration interfaces. Custom portals can be built and deployed
using the Jetspeed plugin for Maven. Developers can use the Jetspeed PSML
language to assemble portlets and the Apache Portals Bridges project to
'bridge' portals with existing technologies including Struts, JSF, PHP,
Perl. For GUI designers, Jetspeed comes with several built-in templates used
to decorate portals and portlets. Join the growing community of Jetspeed
users and developers at ApacheCon. David Sean Taylor will be presenting a
Jetspeed tutorial that shouldn't be missed by anyone interested in the
technology.

Let me know if you want something longer, there is so much to say.

--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy