From Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [j2] Site Documentation Changes
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:21:54 GMT
I have been working on documentation as well. I use the wiki as a whiteboard
and then I write xdocs from it (manually unfortunately). I think the new
format is nice. I would expect to see the current page highlighted in the
menu. Maven.apache.org <http://Maven.apache.org> does this.

I have some images that I captured that would be helpful in the
guide-decorators.html document. http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-409

There is a guide to decorators that I wrote here,
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/QuickstartForTheImpatient/CustomizeThePortletDecorator

And the documentation definitely needs a quick guide for developers that are
impatient and want to build and run fast. This is source oriented.
http://wiki.apache.org/portals/Jetspeed2/QuickstartForTheImpatient

I don't think that the binary quick guide needs references to subversion.
Hopefully it can be simplified.

FAQ documentation should be compiled directly from the user mailing list.

A good guide to contributions help orient people that are interested in
developing modules, documentation, etc. This usually is in the following
order. Help users on the mailing list, submit bugs and patches, write
documentation, build often from scratch.

Let me know how I can help. Raphael and Santiago can give comment on how
many beers I can drink without falling over. I will also be in San Diego.
Looking forward to meeting you all.

Philip

On 11/20/05, David Le Strat <dlestrat@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I made some changes to the Jetspeed site that I would
> like to review with you all before committing.
>
> I published the site at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~dlestrat/j2-final/index.html
>
> Please provide your feedback. As documented in
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-83
>
> I restructured the navigation and centralized the
> generic documentation into guides that reference when
> appropriate the components documentation located in
> /component/xxx/xdocs.
>
> If we agree on the format, I will start creating
> subtasks in
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-389 for
> people to sign up. We have quite a bit of work to do
> for the documentation content. There is some good
> content in the WIKI that we will need to incorporate
> in the formal documentation as well.
>
> I look forward to your feedback.
>
> Regards,
>
> David Le Strat