From Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CGI mapping portal
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:26:29 GMT
Hi Roger,

The Query string looks like this :
?map=/path/file.map&layer=cities&layer=streets&zoomdir=1&zoomsize=2&program=/url/file.psml&mode=map&root=/base/url&webimagepath=/path/tmp/&webimageurl=/url/&webtemplate=path/file.html

All of the map actions request the program parameter.

I'll try your new code when it comes in. The mapserver doesn't pick up
the get parameters using the current perl bridge.

I got it working with a modified version of the perl bridge. The first
argument to the script is QUEREY_STRING="{http.request.queryString}".
It's simple because it doesn't need the rewriter config and the
portlet init params are the like the above query params.

I can contribute it as a mapserver bridge. The issue that I have is
the mapserver intallation is not like java. MapServer has separate
binaries for windows and the different linux arches. Survey : What os
are you running under jetspeed? Is a mapping server a commonly
requested requirement?

I also don't know if the license is compatible with the apache license.

Philip

Philip Donaghy
www.capferret.org
+33 5 56 60 88 02